Dr. Eyal Bor is an internationally recognized clarinetist who performs as a soloist and with his musical group, the Eyal Bor trio, featuring musicians Bruce Casteel and Michael Singer. Dr. Bor performs diverse range of selections, including Hasidic, jazz klezmer, liturgical and theater music.
Dr. Bor is a native born Israeli. He began studying music at the age of seven and he served as the principal clarinetist and soloist with the Israeli Army Band. He also played with the Israel and Jerusalem Philharmonic Orchestras. Dr. Bor has performed with the Los Angeles Chamber Symphony at Lincoln Center and Carnegie hall.
After completing his service in the army, Dr. Bor came to the United States to study and earned his Bachelor’s degree from the University of Southern California, his Master’s degree from the University of Judaism and his Doctorate in Political Science from the Baltimore Hebrew University. He is the Director of Education at Beth el congregation in Pikesville, Maryland where he developed the acclaimed Project Mishpacha program.
Dr. Bor has taught students for over 30 years and played music for special events for 40 years. He has a Masters Degree in Education, which allows him to teach students of all skill level, ability, aptitude and demeanor.
Here are a couple of recent achievements of his students:
- One of the best Clarinet players in Howard County (currently under Dr. Bor’s teaching) has become 2nd Chair of the All-State Orchestra, behind only a Montgomery County player, in the Senior Division
- A former student of Dr. Bor (now an 8th grader) is 1st Chair of the Junior All-State Orchestra on saxophone!
In addition, he has studied and performed at some of the top schools and with some of the best musicians of our time. Please see his Credentials and Experience below. His personal musical preferences are Classical Jazz Kleizmer (Jewish Ethnic) and modern music.
Credentials and Experience
- BM from the University of Southern California under Mitchell Lurie
- Studied with Gary Gray (privately) who taught at UCLA.
- Studied in Israel with Richard Lesser at the Rubin Academy in Tel Aviv (His teacher in Israel is an American who graduated from Curtis in Philadelphia)
- Principal Clarinetist and soloist with the Military Army Band for four years.
- Played with the Los Angeles Chamber Symphony next to my former teacher Gary Gray.
- Performances throughout the country including the Lincoln Center Library, Kennedy Center and many organizations.
- Judge for different competitions including solo & ensemble for Howard, Carroll, and others counties.
View videos of Eyal Bor in action below. View more videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/EyalBorClarinet.